Friday, January 15, 2010

Skywatch Sunset


By the clock and by the compass, this is sunset this evening. I have it on good authority that there is a sun up there somewhere, and I'm sure the sunset colors are lovely.

Find links to this week's Skywatch Friday participants and see skies around the world: http://skyley.blogspot.com/.

It is also the annual day for CityDailyPhoto best of the year pictures. Not that it's the best picture I took all year, but I like this photo from last September. I spent a while 'stalking' the picture, getting the flag reflection and the lantern. It's an impromptu 9-11 memorial constructed by local firefighters at the station (click photo to go to the original post).


So, click here to view thumbnails for all participants in Best photo of the year 2009!

9 comments:

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee...
It looks like a snow storm is brewing in your Sky Watch entry!

Too funny! The word verification is "scolds"!

magiceye said...

love your best photo!

Sue said...

Our sky looks like that right now...and most days lately. I'm ready for a bit of sunshine...aren't you?

Sue

Lowell said...

Very funny! And one of the more creative sunsets I've seen.

I live your best picture very much...an excellent composition!

Unknown said...

ditto to every comment above!

luvsclassics said...

The Un-sunset, very clever photo of the winter sky.
Happy Skywatch Friday

Louis la Vache said...

Re your comment that this is a bookend, «Louis» hadn't thought of it that way and he thanks you!

Unknown said...

Seems to me I heard there's a sun up there somewhere too. It has been rather scarce lately...though I did find some yesterday. Hope you did too!

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

What I feel very interesting it is that in cold country like Sweden, for example, the skies are so much stronger...different...and maybe for that...I can find it reason for to think more about the life, because in tropical countries, the skies are so much blue.
Thanks for sharing
graceolsson.se/mittliv