Thursday, November 19, 2009

Night


Last night I went to the Riviera Theater in downtown Three Rivers to see Così fan Tutte, filmed at the Salzburg Festival in July of this year. It is a creepy take on Mozart's disturbing comedy, this version focused on Don Alfonso as a demonic force determined to separate the young lovers from their innocent optimism and drag them into cynical despair. The advantage of seeing it at the Riviera is in being able to take your glass of wine into the theater (from the theater's attached wine-bar)... or popcorn, if you like! The mezzo playing Dorabella (Isabel Leonard) was a real standout for me, but they were all wonderful.

On the way home I took this shot of the downtown lights, not despairing at all.

13 comments:

bitingmidge said...

Isn't it great fun, just seeing what turns up in the lens as you drive?

Sunshine Coast Daily Photo - Australia

gogouci said...

How many drinks did you have?

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

:-)
Only the one - but I wasn't driving!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

I like the idea of wine at the pictures - so very relaxing.
Pretty lights - you sound like you had a good night.
Melbourne Daily Photo

Lowell said...

Weird, but I like it a lot...I thought immediately of colored popcorn exploding!

Rob Siemann said...

So did I, same as Jacob! Like it, like it a lot!

Tom Bailey said...

This is a GREAT shot. I like your blog.

Sue said...

I thought the picture was part of the show! Sounds interesting, although creepy isn't always a good thing.

Sue

brattcat said...

This shot has so much energy in it. It must have been such a happy surprise to discover how it came out and realize it might be fun to share.

VP said...

Love this shot and its story, the glas of wine with Mozart is absolutely perfect. From kayaking in the wild to Fiordiligi and Dorabella in two posts...

Louis la Vache said...

uh - did you ask the Officer to hold your glass of wine while you fished out your driver's license?

;-)

PJ said...

It looks joyous to me. You might like seeing these light drawings, they've been very inspirational for me:
http://www.morgan-fisher.com/gallery.html

Elaine Yim said...

I think that is a creative play of colours. Great!