Saturday, October 3, 2009

Potatoes


Three Rivers Farmers Market today despite a cold rain. Marketeers hung tarps behind their stalls to cut the wind; lots of beautiful apples (I bought some Cortland apples, a variety from 1898) and these wonderful little potatoes. The pink ones are pink all the way through. The purple ones, when sliced, have rings of purple and white. Almost too pretty to eat! The Amish man had some tomatoes, and Native Gardens had a few squash, but most of the summer is done.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love the idea of pink potatoes and can't wait to get some Michigan apples when we are up there in about 3 weeks. I'll be packing my coat and boots I think for this trip!

Sue

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

It's always good if you can buy produce from farmer's markets - it's definitely fresher than supermarket stuff. Re potatoes, I;ve found pink ones are better for boiling and mashing, but not so good for roasting.