Tuesday, September 1, 2009

BIG theme day


Theme for September is "big" and in the American midwest that means one thing: the local water tower. Skyscrapers may be tall, but they don't have the cachet of the water tower; the tales of the midnight climbs by high schoolers to emblazon their school year with spray paint are a storied part of local bravado. Oh, and the towers provide water, too.

Three Rivers' tower looms over a local baseball field and dwarfs the nearby homes and trees. The pawprint is the high school football team's logo ("Wildcats").

Click here to view thumbnails for all City Photo Theme Day participants

5 comments:

Lois said...

We have a couple of those big water towers here too! That one is huge. Nice Theme Day post.

Kate said...

Great minds think along the same lines!! Thanks for visiting my water tower, too! Happy Theme Day!!

Tussy said...

You got beautiful capture too, it is BIG one really :)

Thanks for stop by my blog.

Happy Theme Day!

My Bangkok Through My Eyes!
You Got A Posty

Paula said...

You have a beautiful blog with very nice pictures. I will come back gere often.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

SEems like "Big" things are popular nor just in Australia, but over in America too. At least your water tower serves a useful purpose.

I wouldn't like to have to clean it though.

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.